Friday, September 24, 2010

Guts stands Alone

Where the hell is Nums?

Here are my picks:

Red Zone:
1759ers v. Roughnecks: Our teams are absolutely even in my mind. Our quarterbacks will cancel each other out, but I believe I have a SLIGHT advantage at RB. 1759ers 67-66.

Fightendrunks v. Old Rusty Nails: I don't know what to do. I hate Tom, but Biechy can't seem to find a way to win. Nails 71-62

Blood Money v. Danny's Donkies: The name change didn't help last week and despite my predictions that Dan would return to glory, he's doing his best to make me wrong. This week, he makes me look goooood. Donkies 80-47.

Hells Satans v. Kibbles and Vicks: I agree with Teada that John will keep it under 50. However, this game will be weirdly close. Kibbles 50-49. P.S. Jeff, trade me one of your starting receivers.

Flying Hellfish v. Xperience: Al... you're a former champion, a friend and a bitter rival. I respect you and, other than when you play me, I hate to see you lose. I will be sad this week. X 60-58.

Sloptarts v. Robocops: James, you whipped me last week and whipped me good. Sloptarts find a way to win this one. See you in a week Teada. Jamaal Charles will have a huge game, and make huge strides to getting the majority of the carries in KC. Slop 65-48.

In the NFL:
In my first week picking against the spread, I went a very respectable 9-7. I should also toot my own horn and point out that I picked Houston to win by exactly 3, which they did in overtime. I should also humble myself by noting that I picked Arizona to beat the spread in Atlanta. OUCH.

This week:
Tennessee @ NYG: Current Line: NYG -3
Pick: Tennessee. Joseph Addai shredded the Giants overpriced D-Line. Chris Johnson will bounce back with a dominant performance.

Buffalo @ New England: Current Line: New England -14.
Pick: New England. Buffalo is really bad. Harvard's Ryan Fitzpatrick is not good. Should have drafted Clausen.

Cleveland @ Baltimore: Current Line: Baltimore -10.5.
Pick: Baltimore. Baltimore will win this game by 100 and make me look good even though it's a HUGE spread for a Ravens offense that hasn't produced yet. Harrison is the real deal. If CLE can find a way to pass the ball, he'll run for miles, not against BAL, but just saying.

Pittsburgh @ Tampa Bay: Current Line: Pittsburgh -2.5.
Pick: Pittsburgh. I think if Charlie Batch can avoid mistakes and if Mendenhall carries the ball 25 times, they will win. Tampa Bay is not bad, not at all, but Pittsburgh's defense looks as good as it has in years. Polamalu is healthy. Pittsburgh could have a very good season and will ensure they will be no worse than 3-1 when Ben returns.

Cincinnati @ Carolina: Current Line: Cincy -3.
Pick: Cincinnati. Clausen will play a lot better than expected. Steve Smith is an older, wiser, more experienced version of Golden Tate whom Clausen had a lot of fun with in college. Expect Jimmy to lean on Smith against a weak Bengals secondary. Cincy has too many weapons on offense.

Atlanta @ New Orleans: New Orleans -4.
Pick: New Orleans. I don't see any let down here, even without Reggie. Saints are for real.

San Francisco @ Kansas City: SF -2.5.
Pick: San Francisco. I have to believe this is the week SF breaks through. The Seattle game was a fluke and I believe you saw what this team is really capable of against the defending champs on Monday Night.

Detroit @ Minnesota: Minnesota -11.
Pick: Detroit. Minnesota will win, Favre will have a fine game and people will say he's finally settled in. Detroit will play tough and lose by a handful like they did against Philly.

Dallas @ Houston: Houston -3.
Pick: Houston. I've always found myself rooting for the Texans and in the past I have labeled them a perpetual 8-8 team. This year they look fun and explosive. They'll win big and Wade Phillips will swallow his own head with shame while Jerry Jones urinates on his future burial site.

Washington @ St. Louis: Washington -3.5
Pick: Washington. McNabb will not throw for over 400 yards again. He'll throw for 298 and 2 Tds and that will be enough.

San Diego @ Seattle: San Diego -5.5
Pick: San Diego. Seattle has some weapons, but they need something fresh at quarterback. San Diego is tooled up and really should be undefeated if it weren't for the weather gods week 1.

Oakland @ Arizona: Arizona -4.
Pick: Oakland. I truly have NO idea how Oakland is almost 0-2 and only beat the Rams by 2 points and lost to the Titans by 22. This team has looked great running the football and has one of the best passing defenses in the league. Oh wait, QUARTERBACK. Give the ball to Jason Campbell and for the love of god run slants.

Philadelphia @ Jacksonville: Philadelphia -3.
Pick: Jacksonville. I like what Vick is doing. But for some reason I feel like Jacksonville is gonna win. This is my GUTSY pick of the week.

Indianapolis @ Denver: Indianapolis -5.5.
Pick: Indianapolis. You all better take the Texans seriously, the Colts are incredible and they whipped them. I laugh every time I see a Colts matchup. Peyton is ridiculously good. The only problem he might have in Denver is the possibility that the 4 tds he'll throw will go a little further than usual.

New York Jets @ Miami: Miami -2.5.
Pick: Miami. It's trendy to pick Miami. They made me look good last week. I'm sticking with them. If they can hold the Jets to less than 10 points, they should be able to put up 13 against the Jets defense.

Green Bay @ Chicago: Green Bay -3.
Pick: Green Bay. I'm sorry. I can't buy into the Bears. And even if I could, the Packers are just good. If they can make a trade for a more complete back than Brandon Jackson, they'll be unstoppable.

No comments: