Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thursday Pick

Hello everyone.
There is one game on Thursday that warrants a pick and it's a good one. Some writers are dubbing it "NFC Super Bowl" to them I say, simply, stop it. I'm not going to jump on that bandwagon, this is a huge game, 10-1 pack vs. 10-1 cowboys, but it's not the NFC Super Bowl. No that designation belongs to the NFC championship game where I am positive these two teams will meet again, probably with at most, 2 losses each. That's the big one. This one is big, but not as big.

But let's do the picking.

Green Bay at Dallas
Pick: Dallas: Saying this one was hard to pick would be an understatement. How do you pick this game? I have half a notion to wait til they play again (which they will) and just pick that one. Screw this one. You think this game is hyped, wait til then. Jeez. Anyway, here's the gut logic. Dallas is the home team. Despite what "Nums" says, that matters. Especially when Brett Favre, the greatest active QB and arguably one of the best ever HAS NEVER WON AT TEXAS STADIUM.
Here's what I say. Brett is breaking records every week it seems. But I think at least for the regular season, this one will have to be broken later. I think the Cowboys just played their most complete game of the season last week against the Jets and just keep getting better, while the Packers are suffering key injuries on a defense that has really helped them along. I think the Cowboys will win this one at home in what I hope is a shootout but expect to be more of a cautious calculating, intermediate passing game by both teams, before it explodes into a blast of a 4th quarter.
The Packers will lose this one, in fact, my gut tells me they have to in order to set up one very special stage. Picture this. The Packers lose in week 13 to an equal Cowboys team. They win out, Brett is angry. The Cowboys stay hot. Tony "Tex-arican-eskimo-lankan-ese" Romo avoids the stupid bonehead play bug in the playoffs and these teams meet again in what could be Brett's last NFC championship game, a shot at another MVP award and the biggest game of the season to that point, with all the records in hand and a shot to get revenge against the Cowboys and pick up that one huge win in Dallas that has eluded him. The Pack will win that one. But until then; it's the Cowboys' day.

Guts Index: I'll be stuffing myself with health food and beer (Health Month!)
Heart Index: Both these teams are playing with a lot of heart.
America Index: This is what we live for. We were brought up watching these teams win football games in the NFC. These are the glory days.
Spread: Dallas -7: Surprisingly big spread for this game. I'll say 34-28 in favor of the Cowboys. Packers beat the spread on this one.

No comments: