Saturday, November 24, 2007

Week 12 Picks

Happy Black Friday everyone, it’s time for the gutsiest picks in all of America. Thanksgiving day was very good to me. I had a great meal, a great nap, and I started 3-0, 2-1 against the spread, picking the only way I know how, with balls.

Week 12:

Washington at Tampa Bay:
Pick: Tampa Bay: Jeff Garcia is so close to the playoffs, the place he loves so much. The Tampa defense actually looks like Bucs’ defenses of old. This should be a good game to watch.
G: Jon Gruden is a good coach, he’s got guts.
H: 2 hearts: one for each of the TDs Jeff Garcia will throw in the 4th quarter
A: Americans love standing in lines on black Friday
Spread: Tampa -3.5: I’ll take the Redskins against this one.

Tennessee at Cincinnati:
Pick: Tennessee: Tennessee is coming off back to back losses, the Bengals are awful. While many argue (including myself at points) that the Bengals could just come out slinging any week, many are tired of waiting.
G: The Bengals are a gutless team.
H: 1 Heart: for the city of Cincinnati. Not only are they close enough to be considered part of Kentucky, their football team is one of the biggest disappointments of 2007.
A: This bud’s for you.
Spread: Tennessee -1.5: Tennessee will cover this one and continue to compete in the tough AFC South

New Orleans at Carolina:
Pick: New Orleans: The NFC South is bad. New Orleans and Carolina are 2nd and 3rd in the division with identical crappy records. While it’s Tampa’s division to win (or lose) New Orleans has the best chance of catching them because they have the better team. Carolina is playing with either an injured 40+ year old at QB or Fresno State Failure David Carr.
G: Creole!
H: 6 Hearts
A: Are there any Panthers in Carolina?
Spread: New Orleans -3: I’ll take New Orleans to play well and cover.

Houston at Cleveland:
Pick: Cleveland: This is a tough game to pick. Really this might be the best matchup of the weekend. Both teams are hot. The Texans are healthy and they haven’t lost when Andre Johnson is healthy. This is a scary game for any analyst. I’m going with the Browns to win. They are the favorite and they’re at home. Besides that, Cleveland has blew 4th quarter leads two weeks in a row. That doesn’t bother me, in fact, I think if anything it showed Cleveland that they can make mistakes and still win games.
G: Oh Phil Dawson
H: 1 Heart: one more win for Cleveland
A: Sit, Cleveland. Stay, Cleveland
Spread: Cleveland -4: I have to take the Texans against the spread here, if not for anything else but to save my ass.

At this point, I don’t have the time or the stamina or the liver to explain the indexes or why I picked the games. It’s more important to get them up and sexy for all of you to read.

Seattle at St. Louis
Pick: Seattle
Spread: Seattle -3: Very small spread for how well Seattle is playing, especially throwing the ball. Seattle will cover

Minnesota vs. NYG:
Pick: NYG
Spread: NYG -7.5: I like Minnesota to beat the spread on this one. And that’s guts

Buffalo at Jacksonville:
Pick: Jacksonville
Spread: Jax -7.5: The Bills saw what it was like to play a real team last week in New England, but I think they’ll bounce back strong however, Marshawn Lynch is still out. I think they’ll still beat the spread

Oakland at Kansas City:
Pick: Kansas City
Kansas City -6: I like Oakland against this spread, but KC will win outright even though Priest Holmes is thinking about retirement

Denver at Chicago:
Pick: Denver
Spread: Chicago -2.5: I guess this is technically an upset, Denver is playing better football, the gut goes with the rocky mountain gang.

San Francisco at Arizona:
Pick: Arizona
Spread: Arizona -10.5: Believe it or not I think the Cards will cover. The niners are the worst team in the league.

Baltimore at San Diego:
Pick: San Diego
Spread: SD -9.5: It’s hard to believe that the chargers and the ravens were 14-2 and 13-3 last year respectively, it’s a far cry, but… the Chargers are going to be a playoff team in a weak afc west. They won’t cover this one.

Philadelphia at New England
Pick: New England
Spread: New England-17.5: Wow the Patriots are fun to watch. They’ll cover. Sorry Philly, you’re next.

Monday Night

Miami at Pittsburgh
Pick: Pitt
Spread: Pitt -16: Way too big a spread, I like Miami against it.

That’s it for the week, I apologize for my hastiness, but my hangover is massive. Maybe I’ll edit today sometime. Oh and if you didn’t see, LSU became the latest victim in this year’s BCS hijinks. Take care of yourselves and the children.

No comments: